I can hardly contain myself! In fact, I have to try and keep myself from getting too excited if I plan to do anything but gaming lately. Deanna’s long past the point of sick of hearing me talk about all the rad new games that are coming out over the next few months. So I’ll do it here instead!
August 3rd marks the date that many thought would never come. Doom 3 will (finally) be released! And if that’s not enough, here’s the short version of my wish list…
- Brothers In Arms – 10/12/2004
- Call Of Duty: United Offensive – 09/14/2004
- Codename: Panzers – 09/01/2004
- Doom 3 – 08/03/2004
- Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas – 10/18/2004
- Halo 2 – 11/09/2004
- The Lord of the Rings, The Battle for Middle-earth – Q4 2004
- Medal of Honor Pacific Assault – 09/20/2004
- Metroid Prime 2: Echoes – 11/15/2004
- Need for Speed Underground 2 – 11/17/2004
- Resident Evil 4 – Q4 2004
- Star Wars: Battlefront – 09/20/2004
You may have noticed that Half-Life 2 isn’t on my list. Frankly, I’m so fuckin’ sick of hearing about that game. If it ever does get released, I might download it. But I don’t think I’m going to buy it. Mostly out of spite. Now that Doom 3 has a release date and is in the manufacturing stage, Valve is wicked jealous and trying to steal id’s thunder at every possible chance. Here, play this 5 year-old mod using our new game’s engine. Yeah, that’ll hold them over! If that doesn’t work, we’ll bring a playable version to the G4 awards. Yeah yeah, that’ll do it for sure! Who caaaaaaaares? Finish the damn game before everyone loses interest like I have! It’s like the frickin’ Bennifer of the game industry. – I’m not bitter, really.
With that out of the way, there are a couple tasks at hand that need to be taken care of. I need to get my hands on an X-box and a PS2. And I’ve got my fingers crossed that I don’t need any major upgrades to run Doom 3. I’m in between the required and recommended hardware specs, so let’s just hope they’re accurate!